Data Type Compatibility
Characteristics of Numeric Data Types
Resulting Data Types
SAND CDBMS follows the SQL92 standard in regards to the data types returned by arithmetic and aggregate operations, except in the following cases:
- SUM ([DISTINCT] expression) an INTEGER or SMALLINT expression returns DECIMAL (20,0).
- AVG ([DISTINCT] expression) an INTEGER or SMALLINT expression returns FLOAT.
- division a FLOAT value is returned if an INTEGER or SMALLINT value is the divisor and dividend. That is:
- INTEGER / INTEGER = FLOAT
- INTEGER / SMALLINT = FLOAT
- SMALLINT / SMALLINT = FLOAT
- SMALLINT / INTEGER = FLOAT