Australia Post to present SAND Nearline solution at ASUG
Jacek Klatt, SAP Platform Architect with accountability for innovation, design and governance in the area of SAP technology (infrastructure, SAP technical architecture, performance, operations, etc.) at Australia Post will be presenting NearLine Storage and SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator: Data Management in SAP NetWeaver at ASUG.
- Session: EIM212
- When: Wednesday September 14th, 03:15 p.m. – 04:15 p.m.
It is an ever-changing world in the business intelligence area with amounts of data growing rapidly and analytical capabilities and expectations growing all the time. Data is dear to the business owners and data management is expensive. Therefore, understanding lifecycle of the data and using all available techniques to maximize the benefits and minimize cost is crucial. At Australia Post we are heading in the direction of very large BW (some estimates quoting 30TB in the next 3 years). Therefore, in order to guarantee required reporting service levels, we decided to implement SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator. Having said A, we quickly realized we need to say B and make sure that investment in SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator is not misused by filling it with old and irrelevant data. Data, which still needs to be accessible occasionally, and, therefore, cannot be purged. This is where we decided to implement NearLine Storage (NLS) solution (by SAND). This presentation will explain our strategy with regards to the use of SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator and NearLine as well as early experiences from pilot implementation of NLS. We will discuss an approach to data qualification/segregation strategies “something for analysts” and also infrastructure and technical aspects of implementing such complex BW landscapes “something for the techies out there”.
- Track: Enterprise Information Management
- Sub Track: Enterprise Data Warehousing
- Session Level: Intermediate
- Topics: Business Intelligence; Data Archiving; Performance
- SAP Products: SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Accelerator; SAP NetWeaver Information Lifecycle Management; SAP HANA
- Job Function: Business Intelligence; Design and Architecture; IT Management; Systems Administration and Security